Monday 20 February 2012

Day 3 - Stella's Travel Diary - COMO Shambhala Estate

Today we experienced the first daylight thunderstorm since we arrived in Bali a week ago. Pretty good for the supposedly rainy season! There was something quite therapeutic and calming  about it and the staff looked at me like I was a weirdo while I stood in the heavy rain and then went for a swim in the pool. The official estate walk was cancelled but after the rain stopped we made our own way down the 300 steps to the river and its sacred water source. On the way down the views were spectacular and we kept discovering hidden treatment areas, bales, and rock pools with decked floor and lounges! This is where John, the General Manager, must have meant when he said that we HAD to have a treatment by the river and simply hang out relaxing there. Note to self - have to do something about that tomorrow!

Our PA , Widi. Who arranges everything for us very efficiently.
The climb back up all those steps was a good workout initself and my private yoga lesson afterwards a welcome treat to stretch out my stiff muscles.  Taking in the view and all these moments, I feel very pampered and privileged to be here!

My highlight of the day. Can't decide between the hot river stone massage (yes I am a treatment junkie) and the morning meditation class. Mr P's highlight - getting to the end of another jungle gym session and also the walk down to the river. He says if I get two choices, so does he!

No comments: